ISO 45001:2018 is an International Standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system.
ISO 45001:2018 is a revised standard for management systems of occupational health and Safety (OH&S) and it is published in March 2018 and there are 10 clauses in this standard. The goal of ISO 45001:2018 is the reduction of occupational injuries and will be help organisation to improve the employee’s safety, reduces work places risk and maintained good working environment.
ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
ISO 45001:2018 does not address issues such as product safety, property damage or environmental impacts, beyond the risks to workers and other relevant interested parties. ISO 45001:2018 helps an organization to achieve the intended outcomes of its OH&S management system. Consistent with the organization's OH&S policy, the intended outcomes of an OH&S management system include:
- Continual improvement of OH&S performance
- Fulfilment of legal requirements and other requirements
- Achievement of OH&S objectives
Advantages of Services
- Increase the Customer trust - Organisation is doing activities continuous improvement of employees and through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements whilst safeguarding their health and property.
- Increase return on investment - by decreasing down-time through incidents, ill health and reducing costs associated with legal fees and compensation.
- Improved stakeholder relationships - by safeguarding the health and property of staff, customers and suppliers.
- Legal compliance - by understanding how the statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers.
- Preventive risk and hazards assessment - through clear identification of potential incidents and implementation of controls and measures.
- Improves business performance, an organization that has adopted the ISO 45001 standard into its management system can be assured of increased productivity. The wellbeing of workers makes workers available always for work, and business performance is made better
What is ISO 45001:2018?
ISO 45001:2018 is a new international standard which is called occupational health and safety management system.
What are the key features of ISO 45001:2018 Certification ?
Explicitly includes persons who are not permanently employed, but are in other ways working under the responsibility of the org, such as subcontractors, as well as processes that have been outsourced in their entirely the ISO 45001 standard also introduces the term “opportunities”, as a new aspect in the field of occupational health and safety. This covers issues that go beyond minimization of occupational health and safety risks. ISO 45001 will provide new impetus for occupational health and safety practices in organisations. Even experienced health and safety professionals will find that the new regulations provide new incentives for further process enhancements. This translates into additional opportunities for protecting and promoting employees' health and performance, as well as a sustainable improvement of employee motivation.